5 Tips for volumising your hair naturally without chemicals
1 CommentWednesday, 11 July 2012 | Tricia
I am often asked for tips on how to increase hair volume. Hair can get thinner due to damage from chemical hair dyes. It can also get thinner as you get older. Here are 5 tips for volumising your hair:
- Give your hair a Cassia treatment - this natural powder coats your hair, increasing volume as well as shine. Amla also does this.
- Colour your hair with natural hair dyes - natural hair dyes such as Logona, Aubrey or pure Henna & Indigo. These, like cassia and amla, coat your hair and increase its volume.
- Use a volumising shampoo - Logona Honey-Beer shampoo is a favourite of mine. It doesn’t give huge volume, but I do notice a difference when I use it.
- Consider a new hair style - if your hair has a slight wave or curl, layers can lift your hair and give the impression of more volume.If your hair is very long the weight of it can drag down your hair and make it flatter at the top.
- Organic Styling Products - such as sante or Lavera styling products or Aubrey Design Gel, if they suit your hair type and style, they can give the impression of more volume.
See also Tips for avoiding hair loss and premature greyness